Tuesday, November 9, 2010

For those without access to Edwardville...

So I posted this one last week: http://i53.tinypic.com/jzgry9.jpg ...

Chapter 1 will post tomorrow, 11/10 (as long as I don't chicken out)....

My hand twitches in a comfortable, practiced motion. Suddenly I’m desperate for a pen or a pencil. Her expression, so grave and desolate, is somehow beautiful to me, and I wish I had anything that would enable me to detail her pain on paper. It makes me wish I’d thought to bring my sketchbook.

To her right, a large boy clutches an umbrella over their heads. On her left, a sour faced girl holds the sad woman’s arm. Her face is fierce and determined, as if she’s trying to keep the broken woman from falling.

I can’t help but wonder who she was to him – who
they were to him.

Even more, I can’t help but wonder who
I was to him.



xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. So I just reread the last chapter and since I already reviewed it I can't post another comment ;) I think the blond man in the pic with Charlie was E's bio dad and his partner so I'm guessing that E'd biodad got killed in the line of duty and Charlie took his kid in and eventually adopted him. Now I'm tapped for theories til the next update ;)

    ReplyDelete